Skip to content

If you suffered abuse, it was not your fault. If you are a victim of sexual abuse by a clergy member or individual representing the Catholic Church, there are several things you can do:

  • Contact the appropriate law enforcement agency, which can help determine options for making a criminal complaint
  • Contact a local child protection agency, a private attorney, a support group, an abuse hotline, or a mental health professional
  • Contact a diocesan or eparchial victim assistance coordinator who is available to help victims/survivors make a formal complaint of abuse to the diocese or eparchy.
  • The Victim Assistance Coordinator is also available to arrange a personal meeting with the bishop or his representative and will offer to arrange counseling and spiritual healing to the individual and families as appropriate.
    Victim Assistance Coordinator for the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown
    Jean D. Johnstone
    Phone: (814) 944-9388  / (814) 232-3094 [Cell]
Back To Top